Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cats Space People Cup d-oeil Bangkok 2012


Part One
Cats


They came right up to me, no matter how street worn or how much experience, they came up to me, some of them got on their bellies, while others, fresh from flesh-demanding fights just looked at me, not afraid. They let me scratch their necks, they closed their eyes and purred.

I thought of stray cats in Fresno, how they ran way from me, afraid for their lives, and I remembered when I was 13 years old, my friend Walter, how one night we were walking behind the grocery store and a cat came up to us. 

Walter cooed it, and the cat cautiously came to him, but then he picked it up and threw it against the back wall of the grocery store, almost killing it, the cat wobbling away to Walter’s laughter. 


“How could you??" I cried, in tears.



"What’s wrong with you?" he said.



These cats in Bangkok made me think of love.





1 comment:

hermes kelly wallet said...

It's a good thing they've thought about it. I like it. Thanks for sharing this information.